Monday, May 9, 2011

It's been an honor

   Was I the best blog updater? No! Did I tried to? Honestly, every time that was possible. It was not because I didn't wanted to or because I was too lazy, but rather it was because there's something about me and blogs. It's great to hear about everyone's perspectives on certain global events, but too much of this sometimes can create conflicts within the internet world. People sometimes get out of control and instead of having a debate which everyone's perspectives are respected, it becomes a war-zone where people begin to argue off topics and every issue is brought. I have read blogs (not from this class) where a topic might be based on kids playing  on a background, while the comments are completely irrelevant about the post. 
    I don't oppose blogs, is something that has changed how news are read and understood. But is taking away the quality from professional journalism. I am still a person that likes to pick the newspaper early in the morning, sit down for a coffee and while I'm eating my breakfast, I am also reading the newspaper. Old style? Of course, but this is something that has disappeared over the last decade and a half. People rely too much on smartphones or laptops to read the news now. I'm not opposing technology overall, but rather small things like this that has changed who we are as humans. 
Technology has changed the meaning of the quote "I think; therefore I am." Computers are the ones thinking for us now. There's no individual form of thinking, but rather this dependency on technology that is transferring our knowledge to computers. We overload the network with too much technology that everything becomes repetitive and there's no quality form of thinking. Everything is instant and temporary. 
I'm no one to judge. I'm not a big book author to point small things like this. But this is something we need to think about. Government is relying too much on technology and even our new form of economy is based on manipulating information. I just hope this new era could lead us to a better society. 

Diego Pereira

No comments:

Post a Comment